Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: camera flashes are really cool in a music video, and food rises from the dead.
- Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! 250 cameras make for a pretty awesome music video.
- This camera is on my Christmas list. Hint hint!
- Creeepy! This food is dead, but moves in the bowl with a little soy sauce. Science, bitches!
Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: bloody cult musicals that aren’t Rocky Horror and event invisibility cloaks.
Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: the vanishing kakapo, the color of dinosaurs, and monkey photographers.
- A sad article about one of my favorite animals–the kakapo. At the end you find out that the most truly invasive species is man. (Jokes. Sort of.)
- They can now figure out what color fossilized critters were by using a breakthrough x-ray technique. OMG awesome!
- Weird and cool at the same time: Japanese girl pop group AKB 48 revealed a new, adorable group member in a commercial for candy, later revealing that the girl was actually a computer composite of the group member’s “best” features. Watch the compositing here. A little creepy in its implications of creating “perfect” people, and the over-sugary personae of these girls has a quiet pedophiliac vibe that bugs me out. Oh Japan how I miss you!
- As if you need another reason to get a Roomba, you can also make some really neat light painting photos with them.
- This is Kickstarter at its best! So glad to see this film got its funding, and I can’t wait to see it! It looks like it’s going to be amazing.
- This monkey is a better photographer than I am! Such talent.
- They found 500 years’ worth of treasure in vaults beneath an Indian temple, estimated at $22 billion. But read the article, it gets awesomer! The story reads like an adventure movie.
Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: how to fail at wedding photography, our former president, and a new-to-me panorama technique.
- Five Fastest Ways to Fail at Wedding Photography. Pretty commonsense stuff you might forget you know!
- It’s so easy to be jealous of Melissa Niu–she’s a talented and successful photographer, a drop-dead gorgeous woman, and a mother to three beautiful girls. She’s definitely someone I look up to. Check out these lovely photos of her babies.
- Bill Clinton plays Not My Job, where he is faced with questions pertaining to the new and totally awesome My Little Pony cartoon.
- When I was little, I was terrified of falling off the earth. I was sure I could occasionally feel the earth rotating, and it scared the pants off me. To this day, if I lay on my back in the grass and look at the clouds, I also clutch onto the grass so I don’t fall up. That’s why this time-lapse video showing the stars rotate around the earth terrifies the bejeezus out of me.
- Cameo brooches made out of Oreos. This artist’s embroidered toast is also worth looking at.
- Speaking of brooches, this bouquet made out of brooches is one of the prettiest things I’ve seen and a fantastic idea to boot!
- I’m something of a copyright and usage rights nerd. Really. My grad studies focused on them. So I thought these words of advice on copyrighting your photographs were really interesting.
- A gorgeous time-lapse video taken in an old engine factory.
- This technique for creating “panoramic portraits” is new to me, and looks easy and awesome–a combo I like. Here’s a great example of it in use.