Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: camera flashes are really cool in a music video, and food rises from the dead.
- Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! 250 cameras make for a pretty awesome music video.
- This camera is on my Christmas list. Hint hint!
- Creeepy! This food is dead, but moves in the bowl with a little soy sauce. Science, bitches!
Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: bloody cult musicals that aren’t Rocky Horror and event invisibility cloaks.
Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: the vanishing kakapo, the color of dinosaurs, and monkey photographers.
- A sad article about one of my favorite animals–the kakapo. At the end you find out that the most truly invasive species is man. (Jokes. Sort of.)
- They can now figure out what color fossilized critters were by using a breakthrough x-ray technique. OMG awesome!
- Weird and cool at the same time: Japanese girl pop group AKB 48 revealed a new, adorable group member in a commercial for candy, later revealing that the girl was actually a computer composite of the group member’s “best” features. Watch the compositing here. A little creepy in its implications of creating “perfect” people, and the over-sugary personae of these girls has a quiet pedophiliac vibe that bugs me out. Oh Japan how I miss you!
- As if you need another reason to get a Roomba, you can also make some really neat light painting photos with them.
- This is Kickstarter at its best! So glad to see this film got its funding, and I can’t wait to see it! It looks like it’s going to be amazing.
- This monkey is a better photographer than I am! Such talent.
- They found 500 years’ worth of treasure in vaults beneath an Indian temple, estimated at $22 billion. But read the article, it gets awesomer! The story reads like an adventure movie.