Some of the cool stuff I stumbled upon this past week. This week: how to fail at wedding photography, our former president, and a new-to-me panorama technique.
- Five Fastest Ways to Fail at Wedding Photography. Pretty commonsense stuff you might forget you know!
- It’s so easy to be jealous of Melissa Niu–she’s a talented and successful photographer, a drop-dead gorgeous woman, and a mother to three beautiful girls. She’s definitely someone I look up to. Check out these lovely photos of her babies.
- Bill Clinton plays Not My Job, where he is faced with questions pertaining to the new and totally awesome My Little Pony cartoon.
- When I was little, I was terrified of falling off the earth. I was sure I could occasionally feel the earth rotating, and it scared the pants off me. To this day, if I lay on my back in the grass and look at the clouds, I also clutch onto the grass so I don’t fall up. That’s why this time-lapse video showing the stars rotate around the earth terrifies the bejeezus out of me.
- Cameo brooches made out of Oreos. This artist’s embroidered toast is also worth looking at.
- Speaking of brooches, this bouquet made out of brooches is one of the prettiest things I’ve seen and a fantastic idea to boot!
- I’m something of a copyright and usage rights nerd. Really. My grad studies focused on them. So I thought these words of advice on copyrighting your photographs were really interesting.
- A gorgeous time-lapse video taken in an old engine factory.
- This technique for creating “panoramic portraits” is new to me, and looks easy and awesome–a combo I like. Here’s a great example of it in use.